Sunday, December 30, 2012

Leading my son to the Father

This Sunday morning at Torch, I was brought to a place of true worship. There was a presence in that reception hall at PeeWee's Place as God's children engaged in authentic and powerful worship. There is no question that whatever this week holds in store for me, good or bad, I am more ready to encounter this week because I met with God this morning in community with His people.

But it was the end of the worship service that I enjoyed most. Last Sunday, we concluded a Gospel message with an opportunity to receive Christ. God moved and one woman in attendance prayed to accept Christ as her Savior. But my 6 year old son, Luke, also raised his hand to receive Christ. So this past Thursday, I sat down with him and talked through the Gospel. Then I was privileged to guide my son in committing his life to Christ. There are few things more exciting as a father than introducing my son to his Heavenly Father! And I had the great honor to introduce our newest Christian at Torch Community Church to his new church family this morning. What an exceptional morning it was!!!

Pray for Torch, pray for me.
BJ Sanders

Isaiah 60:1-2
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord shines over you.
For look, darkness covers the earth,
and total darkness the peoples;
but the Lord will shine over you,
and His glory will appear over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment