Monday, August 20, 2012

Leadership in the Church

It seems like every week, Torch Community Church continues to grow. Soon, we will be overflowing into my neighbor's yard! The good new is that this Wednesday night at our meeting, I have a very interesting and FREE facility opportunity to present to everyone! But for now, I enjoy meeting outside in wonderful weather in God's beautiful creation. Word is, there was a hawk hovering above our worship this week gracing us with it's majestic flight. Perhaps we shall adopt the hawk as our official mascot. haha. But I do feel as though God's presence was with us even more, gracing us with His majestic power. One person that was a part of yesterday's service sent me this very encouraging note in an e-mail, "One of the songs we sang brought me to tears and several times during your sermon, I wanted to clap, cheer or cry! I can definitely see God working though you and hopefully all of us." Move Holy Spirit, move.

We discussed leadership. The challenge is simple. We all have influence. Be intentional with it. Men...LEAD. But we all need to conduct ourselves and live in such a way to affirm Paul's statement in 1 Corinthians to "Follow me, as I follow the example of Christ." You are the church; You are to proclaim His salvation and redemption! God puts an unnatural passion/desire within you to lead. 1 Timothy 3 should qualify your ministry by evidenced of the patterns of your life. You should be competent in character, courage, and content. 

I want Torch to be accomplishing so much in Christ’s name that the men believe it’s worth dying for. I want to be man called to preach, teach, and lead with a humble heart that is so full of Conviction that it causes me to tremble. I want to passionately love my wife and children, and to lead them out of that passion. Have personal integrity and accountability. And I ultimately want to be found dead doing this. If I, if you, can follow Christ like that, then people will want to follow you because you are that guy, even if at times it unsettles them.

To God be the Glory,
 BJ Sanders

Isaiah 60:1-2

Arise, shine, for your light has come,

and the glory of the Lord shines over you.

For look, darkness covers the earth,

and total darkness the peoples;

but the Lord will shine over you,

and His glory will appear over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment